1. Learn to love sleeping alone. You might not always have someone to hold you in their arms. Wrap your arms around yourself and feel safe. You are your own home, no one else is.
2. If you want to sleep in, sleep in. If you want to wake up with the sun, wake up with the sun. If you want to spend the whole day in bed, you can. Don’t waste your life asleep, but don’t let anyone make you feel bad for being rested and spending a day doing nothing.
3. Stop associating food with guilt. Eat what makes you happy, eat what tastes good, eat when you’re hungry, and don’t apologize for it. Eat the damn cake.
4. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for the way you feel. Your feelings are valid simply because you feel them.
5. Let go of hate. Hatred resides in you like a rock sitting at the bottom of your stomach. You have to carry it around and feel its weight all the time. Let it go and see how much lighter you feel.
6. Just because you don’t talk to someone every minute of every day does not mean that you aren’t loved or cared about by this person. Relying on someone’s constant attention is toxic. Don’t mistake codependency for love.
7. Don’t drink to forget. I promise it never works. You might forget everything else, but you’ll always be left with the one thing you wanted to forget in the first place.
8. Do things for the right reasons. Be kind for the sake of being a kind person, not so people will think you are a kind person. Follow this rule in all things.
9. If they fuck someone else, you walk out the damn door. Do not make excuses for someone who does not value you.
10. It is okay to be single. Completely single. Without anyone you text when you’re lonely or who tells you you’re beautiful or even someone to flirt with. You have yourself, and often this is the only person you’ll have, so learn to be complete with just your company.
11. Just because it won’t make you a lot of money doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pursue it.
12. Work hard at what you love. Pursue it wholly. If you want to spend your life doing what you love, you better be damn good at it, so work your ass off for it.
13. Write things down all the time. Even if they seem insignificant. In 20 years you’ll thank yourself.
14. Think long term. In five years, will what you’re investing your time and energy in still be important to you? Will it still matter? Are the people you’re with the most the same people you want to grow old around? If the answer is no, make changes. Be better, do better, embrace change."
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back."
i miss when i was like 12 and it would be the night before a big field trip or something and i couldnt go to sleep because i was so excited. i miss being so into a book that i would stay up past my bed time reading it. everything seems so bland or something idk. i’m only 19 and everything is so tiring. i miss wanting to be awake
this is the realist shit on this website